guys its fucking happened again. gig-raped. see this? guess who never agreed to the show? we were all like; "topshop? urrr we'll get back to you on that one..."
instead of throwing our toys out the pram again, thought it might as well be interactive band time. SO, you beautiful wise people to which we entrust so much, tell us right here, should we play the show? here are some points to aid you:
1) the custard factory is literally the next block from our studio. we could walk our entire backline there in about 15 minutes.
2) frankie and his heartstrings are super lovely people and always fun to hang out with.
3) the tickets are the same price as a text message
4) it might be outside over the pool. do they still do that? that'd be a pretty sweet evening.
5) huw stephens made the mix cd they're playing inbetween bands.
5) the posters are already up!
1) we're not being paid for it
2) its right in the middle of when juniors out of IRL work, so we'd planned bulk work our album. we'd lose a few days to rehearse a set. or maybe a day if we just play new songs.
3) its topshop. its student party written in wacky font.
4) it might be inside the med bar. do they still do that? that'd be a pretty horrendous sounding evening.
5) we never said yes, godsdammit.
so tell us lovers, if you were us, WHAT DO WE DO? people of birmingham, for once, you count for double.. topshop have been pretty kind to us in the past, which should count for something even if it is brand cross pollination at its most crass. i doubt anyone at topshop knows or cares that we all think people that try and buy into a culture via massmarket branded clothing are fucking idiots.
kinda pissed off we're expected to do it for free but practically we can do it cheap, and it's pretty much free to get in which counts for a lot (especially if we can sort out merch for then)
so having donned our haircuts and made a decision as to THE RIGHT THING TO DO, please click here to go back to where you came from and commentthing yr answer underneath our statusthing. we'll make a pie chart of the results and eat the biggest slice..
thank you in advance and i hope yr all having a fun sunday. i've just discovered this:
and will be spending the rest of the night finishing the first series and pretending not to refresh facebook.